Better Luck Next Time

When I saw this week’s challenge theme of Fish over at Three Muses, I knew I wanted to make a page in my collage journal. I remembered saving this big fish image from a magazine way back. I glued in a friend to help him out and painted in a few details like the bobber and hook and bubbles. Then I looked through my box of words clipped from magazines to see if anything suited, but without really expecting to find anything. Better Luck Next Time just jumped out at me. Love me some fun fishy art!

18 thoughts on “Better Luck Next Time

1. Bev

What a gloriously humorous, quirky and colorful entry for our fish challenge! I love it! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Three Muses!

2. Bev

Me again, Melissa. I think all that’s necessary for you to post to blogger accounts is that you choose a Blogger I.D. I hope this works for you. If not, let us know.

That might work, but it wouldn’t be any better than posting as anonymous, since it wouldn’t link back to my blog but just to some unused blogger account. I like to visit people who have visited me, and I assume others do, too. For now, I’ll just keep commenting on the ones who have allowed Name/URL comments.

3. Birgit

What a fantastic collage. Love it.
    btw: you are so right. I don’t like to sign in to blogger.com if I only want to comment to these blogs.

4. Marie aka Ozstuff

Wow! This is an amazing artpiece. I am blown away! Superb and perfect in every way. How lucky we are that you have happened on our challenge blog.
    Sorry about the problems with commenting. I’m sure there is a way around it. It’s late night here in Australia but I will look into it tomorrow morning and get back to you.

5. Carol@Swallowcliffs

Love the fish. I have seveeral I have save but never used them. I will now, thanks to your inspiration!

6. taluula

Hey Melissa, this is a superb and perfect piece of fishy journaling and I hope we see lots more. Thank you for sharing here at the Muses.

I have just seen your second post and wonder what it is that stops you from posting comments …… I will look at the settings on my blog and see if there is anything I can do. Great work.

Wonderful! I love the colors and the composition. Great idea to keep a collage journal, too. I may borrow that from you. 😉