Paint Party Friday!

This is my great nephew, Hayden, done in watercolor on a half sheet of cold press. I’ll crop it some when I have it framed but I haven’t decided just how much. I’m late getting this up for Paint Party Friday, but it is still Friday if only just. Now I get to go blog hopping and see everyone else’s paintings!

22 thoughts on “Paint Party Friday!

1. Marlene

This is a beautiful painting, just fabulous. Kids are hard, to capture their innocence is very difficult and you have achieved that so well. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. BTW I love your header.

2. EVA

Welcome to Paint Party Friday Melisa! Considering it is a work/week day I expected it to be more of an evening party but at least this week, it was early.

So glad you came!

An amazing job on your nephew! Wow!! You captured him so well!

3. Rhonda

Wow, you painted that in watercolor? That’s fabulous! It will be a portrait he’ll cherish forever! I alos like your “Better Luck Next Time” piece. I know a fisherman who would love it! Nice to meet you at PPF. Thanks for stopping by to visit me. 🙂

4. Gumnut

I love this! Portraiture is very hard, watercolours are harder, and you’ve pulled off both beautifully. His eyes grab at you and there is some beautiful blending work in his skin. I also like the background.

Beautiful work.

Nutty
    (off the edge, but learning to fly)

5. Stephanie Corder

This is wonderful and you did such an amazing job catching his youth and (slight impishness?) Also I’m envious that you did it in watercolor- I used to work in wc but I could never get them to respond for me the way acrylics do!
    Oh and not that you’re asking for opinions, but as a framer’s daughter; I’d be carefull to not crop it too much- I really like all that space around him:)
    Happy PPF- a day late 😉
    Stephanie

What a beautiful portrait! Amazing work you do with watercolor. Wow. I look forward to seeing more!

I had to split up viewing all of the wonderful work of PPF into two days. Now making round two. I’m SO glad I didn’t miss this.