Paint Party Friday!

It’s Paint Party Friday again! If you aren’t participating, you should be. It’s a great motivator to actually get something painted during the week and it’s fun to surf around and see what everyone has been working on. It doesn’t have to be a big painting and it doesn’t even have to be finished. This week, I have a little watercolor sketch in my sketch journal. I can find time to work in my little sketchbook even when I can’t focus on starting a new canvas or a real watercolor. This is the front porch of the General Store in the nearby town of Covington, LA. I love the look of that old red and white gas pump with the blue shutters. And how many businesses have a front porch with a swing?

I finished and mailed my Helping Hand for Japan for the auction, too. I’ll show that on Monday. Gotta get some breakfast now. ๐Ÿ™‚

31 thoughts on “Paint Party Friday!

1. Anonymous

this is very well done. it gives me the feeling of a warm summer afternoon, just sitting at the general store on the porch swing! LOVE that.
    i like the colors, too. and the reflections in the windows! great one!

2. Jaime

This is great and would be a wonderful full sized painting! How quaint the little town must be. I agree that PPF is a great way to stay motivated! It’s “making” me create and I love it! Happy PPF!

3. Gloria

I would love to be sitting on that swing looking at the trees reflected in the window. Great work. I love it! Thanks for sharing. Happy Easter, PPF, and a Good Friday to you too.

This just feels like a summer afternoon visiting a general store. I LOVE it! It makes me want to take a deep breath and relax in that swing. Excellent work!

5. Marlene

I love this painting, it has a very homey feel to it. A scene from the past when things were so much more relaxing.

6. gerri herbst

Absolutely beautiful picture! Your painting style is lovely.Keep your eyes open and make a little wish and Im sure a blue vase will present itself. Thanks for your kind words today. take care, gerri

7. Annabelle

Wishing for warmer summer months when looking at this painting.
    Luv the reflection on the window and the old barber post is a little nostalgic note in your picture story.

Beautiful work!

Happy Easter : )

8. Kristin Dudish

It is always such a pleasure to visit your blog! I love the colors in this one ๐Ÿ™‚

(Your cantaloupe painting made me hungry too!)

I can’t wait to see your hands…

Have a wonderful weekend!
    xo
    Kristin

9. Ileana

Lovely and quaint. I bet the folks that work there know their customers by name and are friendly and cheerful whenever anyone pops in. Nice job!