Creative Tuesday – Purple

Purple cats for Creative Tuesday’s theme of Purple. I had a hard time with this theme because it is so open and I couldn’t settle on one thing. I could have used my Cuban Dancer, since it was done during the time frame, but I wanted to do something new. I finally did this last night at 11pm, LOL. My air conditioner went out yesterday so it was too hot to sleep, anyway. 2 shades of purple watercolor, in my sketchbook.

I’m also including, just for your amusement, a sketch of the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the theme was purple. It’s a one eyed, one horned, flying purple people eater! Anyone remember that song?

28 thoughts on “Creative Tuesday – Purple

1. Daniella

HAHA!! I do remember that song! Your depiction looks spot on!!
    As for those cats, oh my heck! Totally amazing! I can not believe you started that at 11 last night? That is WOW for sure!!
    xxDaniella

2. Wanda

Oh my goodness, I had not thought of that song since my children were little….great job on both…the cats are so elegant~!!

3. Jehanne

First – your cats are fantastic. I had to look twice to realise it was something on paper and not 3D.
    The purple people eater – hhehehehe he is just super :)I remember hearing about him but not the song.

4. QMM

I do not draw well but the purple people eater entered my mind, but no drawing for me. I love your cats and the ppe.
    Great job.
    QMM

5. Terrie

You left me a note on my blog about my first collage effort for Susie – she should be receiving it any day now (in the mail) so I can only hope she’ll enjoy it. I’ve given her many various pieces over the years and she claims to love them all! 🙂
    As I browse through your site, I’m impressed by your ability and artistic experiments and look forward to following along.

6. Crafty Dawn

Your cat’s are stunning. I used to have to black pot ones just this shape. Sorry never heard that song before to day but having listened to it I think your monster is spot on ;0)

Love Dawn xx

7. Birdie

who needs sleep when you have art! ha! Kidding, but this is a fun and lovely image.
    Although, in about 2 hours I’m going to shake my fist at you when I can’t get the “Purple People Eater” song out of my head XP

8. crystal

I love them both! The cats remind of some figurines I had when I was a kid, they look so sleek, and purple people eaters! Wow, my dad used to sing this song when we went on vacations to pass the time in the car, pre dvd players 🙂

Those purple cats are amazing!

And yes, I know the song … and am stamping my foot at you now cause it’s gonna be in my head too. 🙂

10. Melissa Liban

I love your purple cats, they’re wonderful! Your oeohgppe is very cute. I totally remember that song, my friends had a casette with the Chipmunks singing it! Oeohgppe was actually one of the first things that popped into my head when I though purple!

11. Mmm

Melissa, they are all so good. Love the cats especially. nice pic. Hahah–I did have to laugh at the last one…sort of ties into my next them actually…if I go with it. (ssshhhh..). 🙂 TY so much for playing along. Love it.

12. Meryl

I love both your cats and espcially liked your rather friendly looking purple people eater! Great post. Nice to meet you. I look forward to more visits.

13. Janet

You are talented! The cats are adorable, but that “One-eyed-one-horned-flying-purple-people-eater” takes the prize for sure!! Hadn’t thought of that in ages. Now it’ll probably be in my head for ages. Gee, thanks, I think,LOL. Why don’t we hear fun, funny songs like that now?

14. S.A.M.

Those felines, I feel like I can reach in and take them out!!! When you can paint something like this that gives the viewer an EXPERIENCE, that is talent young lady. Now look what you’ve done. Gone and created a monster over here. (“Nanner nanner nanner, my friend is an artist!!!”)