Paint Party Friday – Poppies

Paint Party Friday snuck up on me this week. Thursday night and no painting to share. What to paint, what to paint? Something SMALL, LOL. Donna Downey painted some pretty poppies in her journal earlier this week and I loved the colors, so this is my version, inspired by her. The colors are a little off in this scan, on my screen anyway.

43 thoughts on “Paint Party Friday – Poppies

1. Terrie

Not bad for a quick fix! πŸ™‚ I wish I could produce something so accomplished so quickly! This seems to be the time of year for poppies – I might have to give it a try. Love the blue & orange combo; it’s so vibrant.

Your poppies are awesome – and the color seems spot-on to me (but I definitely won’t vouch for my wonky monitor).

We’re definitely in the middle of green and blooming over here. Finally. πŸ™‚

3. Mary Hysong

Lovely poppies; I think the colors are just fine. I have them from bright scarlet to more of a an aliziran crimson color as well as whites and pinks. happy PPF

4. laurie

Oh my gosh i love your blog,, thankyou so much for visiting me and I love your poppies,, the name is just great,, are you a newbie too?

Thanks, Laurie! I’ve been playing along since the beginning, but it still sneaks up on me half the time.

5. gerri herbst

Love your poppy painting. The color looks just fine!Peonies, Roses and Poppies are my big 3 favorite flowers. Too hard to have just one. LOL. Happy PPF.

6. geralyn chouinard

I just LOVE poppies and it finally stopped raining, so maybe my poppies will bloom. Beautiful job! Posted a baby poppy pic on my blog a while back πŸ™‚ found you at PPF … glad I did!

7. Carola Bartz

I love poppies, and these are so beautiful. The colors are stunning and they just look like real poppies. I’m just waiting for a little breeze to see them gently moving. Stunning work!
    (the little owl got so fat because it’s mother was feeding it – that’s why he doesn’t have a beak – yet…)