Sunday Sketches & Summer of Color

Nothing special this week, just today’s sketch journal page. We went to look at the Nissan Juke but the dealer is having trouble getting them because of the tsunami in Japan. I think it may be too small but it will be a while before we are ready to decide on what we want, anyway. An article I read on the Juke said it looked like a bionic frog, LOL. I think it’s cute, though. Please visit Sophia at Sunday Sketches to see what everyone else has to show this week.

I almost forgot about the Summer of Color challenge over at Twinkle Twinkle. It’s a 10-week blog party with a color theme each week. All art forms accepted. The first week is blue, and I’d better get busy since I don’t even have a plan yet!

21 thoughts on “Sunday Sketches & Summer of Color

1. Marlene

Haven’t seen a Juke yet but if it is anything like your sketch it is a really cute car. Can cars be cute?

2. Christine

You did a great job drawing this car, it looks cute. Funny how we all have different tastes in cars…sometimes I think our choice reflects our personality. Although I do like the gorgeous sporty models and I’m nothing like that, lol.

3. lissa

now I’m seeing the car as a frog..ha…ha…I think all cars likes like some creature as the two headlights always looks like eyes.

have a lovely day.

4. Sophia

Your sketch is incredible. Nice detail and so real-looking. I had read last month that there are a lot of auto issues, etc because of the Japan situation. 🙁

Hope you have a great week. 🙂

1. Kelly

WOW! If only I had your sketching talent. I’ve never heard of the Juke, but you seem to have more than done it justice! Nice work! Happy SS!

5. Kristin Van Valkenburgh

So happy to have you! Thanks for playing along in The Summer of Color – I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful illustrations. Good luck on the car shopping 😉 Kristin xo

Awesome sketch! I’ve not seen the Juke yet but now I will look at it in a whole new way: bionic frog! 🙂 Glad to see you playing along on Summer of Color, too!