Summer of Color – Green

In my imagination the green birds came to sing.

This week’s Summer of Color theme is green with citron as a bonus. I did a found poetry style altered book page and added it to my art journal. I even managed to get some citron in on the birds. I used Inktense pencils and a watercolor crayon. Next week’s color is pink!

38 thoughts on “Summer of Color – Green

1. Joanna

This is beautiful, I love those little birdies snuggled up together on a branch. Sweet sentiment too. Great flash of citron!

Thank you for your comment on my blog, see you next week!

2. Nan

Wonderful piece…the greens are just beautiful. I used some inktense pencils thislast night on another challenge I do and just love them. Can’t wait to see your pink art! :) Nan

3. Kristin Van Valkenburgh

I’m not sure if my first reply came through – forgive me if you get this twice ;) BUT I LOVE this – the bold colors of the birds and your highlighted text / background is amazing. Such an inspiration, xo

I love your birds … as well as that branch. What highlight/shading!

I’m definitely getting a technique work-out here at your blog, and I’m loving it. Thank you!

5. Terrie in Seattle

This is one of my fave greens this week – I love the simplicity yet detail in the page! The words from the book page are just perfect and how amazing that you found a page saying what you wanted to say! Really a fab piece.

6. Janelle Marks

I like your green piece. The birds are beautiful. I like the way that the text shows in the background and how you highlighted just the words that make the poem.

7. Kristen

your birds are beautiful! the entire piece is awesome. i too love that you left some words on the page and that they play nicely into your theme. lovely!

8. Sam

Love this, it is SO PRETTY!! I hope that one day I can see all this creative gorgeousness in person. Maybe u could sneak a tiny sketchbook into your purse before church and then…..?? :-D