Paint Party Friday – A WIP sneak Peek

I’m posting a bit early for Paint Party Friday because I have an early appointment tomorrow. I don’t have a finished painting to show but I have been painting this week. It’s still in the ugly stage so I will just show 3 little bits of it here to prove I’m working on it! It’s not behaving very well for me. I think I’m going to switch to oils. It’s acrylic and collage up to this point. It’s on canvas, 16×20 I think.

34 thoughts on “Paint Party Friday – A WIP sneak Peek

1. Pointypix

Well i really like what i can see so far. In fact if you hadn’t said you were only showing sneaky bits I would think this was the way you had created it – 3 overlapping ‘bits’ of the subject – I love it like this!

2. Marlene

The bits are beautiful, can’t imagine where the trouble lays. Looking forward to seeing this finished.

3. Gloria

I sure don’t think it’s ugly, I think it’s just great. I thought it was completed. Great job! Happy PPF and 4th of July weekend.

Well I love it so far! I don’t see anything ugly about it. Ooh, I can’t wait to see the finished piece! LOVE the face!

5. Theresa

I love what your sharing. My brother works in oils and love them. I haven’t used them that much but would love to try using them more. Can’t wait to see this finished.
    Happy PPF! Theresa

6. ileana

OMG, I thought it was finished and looking fantastic! I wouldn’t do anything else to it…seriously. Original and I love the pensive look on her face. Great job!!

If that’s not behaving well … then I really am a toad in a boat. 🙂

Wonderful! I love acrylics … but have yet to try oils. Does this mean I’m in for a big surprise when I do try it?

LOL, thanks for my first smile of the morning. 🙂 Oils are so wonderful to work with. Buttery soft and oh so blendable. I’ve been using the water soluble ones lately. Faster drying (but not nearly as fast as acrylics) and much easier cleanup.

8. Rhonda

I like the way you’ve broken up the composition into three parts, and it leaves our imagination to fill in the rest. Very interesting! I like this very much.

9. Donna The Woodwife

It is certainly not in an ugly stage so when it is finished it will be gorgeous – can’t wait to see it!!!

10. EVA

It looks great so far to me! Definitely not ugly (though I know what you mean – I have a few still at that stage.)

Looking forward to seeing more!