Paint Party Friday

It’s Paint Party Friday and I am actuallyΒ  putting in an appearance this week, unlike last week. Unfortunately, the painting is still not finished. The flower needs more work but it is still too wet to take more paint so you are getting the WIP this week. I don’t know why this one is giving me so much trouble but honestly I’m about tired of looking at it. I think I’m having trouble because she isn’t a real person but just out of my head. Anyway, it will need a title but nothing occurs to me. Please leave title suggestions my dears!

37 thoughts on “Paint Party Friday

1. Nicola

How about ‘we all have to kiss a few frogs’ ;0) I think she’s beautiful, really love her skin tone and the colours you have chosen! It’s hard when you’ve been working on something for a while, I tend to have to take a break so that I’m able to ‘see’ it again if you know what I mean…..Gorgeous work!

2. Gloria

She is beautiful. It looks as though she is wondering if the toad will turn into a prince. Tee Hee. Great work and it looks finished to me.

1. Annette G

Loving your picture of the beautiful girl and the frog. Have a great weekend and happy PPF, Annette x

3. Anonymous

I love her searching, wondering look! And since you asked, the title that springs to my mind is “Lady and the Prince”…..I personally can’t see what else you’ll do to finish this, because it looks complete to me. Of course the artist always sees things her viewers miss πŸ™‚
    Happy PPF,
    Stephanie

4. Stephanie Corder

Happy PPF,
    Stephanie

5. geckostone

Oh this is sooooooo beautiful! I’m in love with frogs so that makes is all the more special! ( love your site title too!!!)Happy PPF! Deb

6. Sheri

Your work in progress is wonderful. I like how she is looking at me asking a question with her expression. But what is her question? I need to know! HAPPY PPF!

7. Scarlet Designs

Wow this is out of your head? Amazing painting. Her mouth is perfect and her skin flawless. I’d be so proud of this. How about ‘waiting for her Prince to come’. Happy PPF x

8. EVA

“Shall I kiss him?” – how’s that for a title?

Well done so far! She is beautiful. The frog is fabulous – great expression!

Beautiful painting!

9. pointypix

wow, she’s so detailed and beautiful for a figment of your imagination. I love the wistful, weary look on her face as she wonders how many more frogs she’ll have to kiss before her prince comes along! How about ‘Frog Tired!’

10. Mari

She’s pretty, but is thoughtful and has a water flower and a frog, the title could be “The girl from the lake.” Regards

11. NatashaMay

She is wonderful and the froggy is so cute. How about A Lady and her frog for a title? πŸ™‚ Or something about kissing frogs till you find your prince, you know the farytale. πŸ™‚

12. Carol

wonderful artwork ~ Love it ~ Too hot to work on much ~ mine is only a work in progress ~ like me!

New to PPF ~ come visit ~ Share the Creative Journey and A Creative Harbor ~ thanx ~ Carol (artmusedog)

This is wonderful! I like the shading in the flower … but wished it were more pronounced from the background on the right-hand side. I also really like your introduction of green in the background on the left side – just superb.

Hmmm … titles – “Contemplating Cliche”; “A Questioning Slight of Hand”; “Must I Really?”; “Hope Eternally Jumps”; “Her Kingdom for a Prince.” That’s all I’ve got today. πŸ™‚

14. Sophia

She’s beautiful, Melisa. Wow. The first name that comes to my mind is “Helena”. She reminded me of a song that I heard awhile back a favourite group of mine called, Nickelcreek, sings. Happy PPF! πŸ™‚

15. Sacred Arts Studio

I understand.. I really need pictures to have something to look at. But hey… from your head.. makes it more ethereal, more magical… which is all very good for this lady desperately looking at that frog and hoping for a prince. Happy PPF!

16. dana

love her…i like the flower as is…how did you achieve your background? It is a perfect setting to make just your lady standout.
    cheers, dana

17. Kristin Dudish

I think she is beautiful… She looks a little sad, like she’s had her “Fair Share of Frogs” (possible title?)

I look forward to seeing what you decide…

xo
    Kristin

18. Jen

Wow! She is gorgeous. The first thing that popped into my head was….Will He? She looks a little pensive, so maybe she is wondering if “this one” will be her prince? πŸ™‚

19. Elisa Choi

beautiful work! For me this is good as done and I love how pretty and innocent she is. She seems to be staring into space.. thinking about something.. the frog is quite relevant to her I suppose.. Goodluck with the title! πŸ™‚

20. Elisa Choi

21. Terrie in Seattle

She looks so pensive. The textured background adds so much interest but doesn’t compete with her – lovely skin tones and expression!

22. Sandy Coleman

This is absolutely beautiful. Amazing that you did this from your own imagination. I’m sure someone has likely already suggested a title such as: “Someday My Prince Will Come.”