Meh

I need to get back to my canvas paintings. I know I do because I feel guilty every time I pass the easel. I just haven’t been in the mood for some reason. Maybe I’m just not that excited about the one I’ve got started. Maybe I should start something else and put that one aside until I’m in the mood to work on it. Or maybe another watercolor portrait would be more to my mood right now. I don’ know. I’ll try to get myself in there and do SOMETHING next week. For now I just have this silly trick or treating eyeball monster. He was inspired by the one-eyed monster lab in Drawing Lab for Mixed-Media Artists but my monster decided he wanted 2 mismatched eyes instead of one. I’m off to make the Paint Party Friday rounds and hoping that my PPF friends have been up to their elbows in paint and not slacking like me, LOL.

31 thoughts on “Meh

1. Pop Art Minis

I am having the same feeling getting back to my oil pastels…i think sometimes we just need a break from the usual so that we can go down a new road for a while. love the little character you’ve created…he’s whimsical and very cool! Happy ppf

2. Ayala Art

Do I know that feeling! lol I just came out of a dry spell, and have been busy painting. I think we need those weird times, to come back with more to paint when we are ready. You monster is too funny, great job!

3. Carol

This is awesome ~ Wonderful ~ when your Muse is ready you will get to what you want to do ~ What you are doing is excellent! ~thanks, namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) and Happy PPF ^_^

When it comes to creating art, I would definitely not call you a slacker. Put that current canvas to the side and don’t look at it. When something grabs you, get out a new canvas and go for it.

Love the two-eyed monster. That book just keeps on inspiring!

5. Scarlet

Love it! OMG, he’s adorable…and what character…a distinguished nose, expressive eyes, and funky chin hair. A friendly monster, I’m sure, and he’s definitely rockin’ that look!! 🙂

6. heather stillufsen

ha! love this character – i like the different eyes…it’s good to switch it up and take a break – that’s the beauty of being an artist….we can switch mediums whenever we want! happy ppf – enjoy your weekend!

7. Stephanie Corder

I LOVE your little trick or treater- so much fun! And I must confess I’ve been feeling the same way art wise- I WANT to paint but when I force it, the results suck eggs…..yesterday was the first time I’ve felt inspired in a while so maybe I’m coming out of it? Hopefully you are too!
    PPF Hugs!
    Stephanie

8. carlarey

Oh, he’s cute…bet he’s a hit with all the monster ladies.
    If you aren’t feeling the painting you are working on, start a new one. When I feel that way the painting never satisfies me.

9. gloria

He’s a darling monster, love his eyes. Inspiration will come knocking and you’ll be at it again. Great job on the little monster. Happy PPF and have a great weekend.

10. Sheri Cook

Change can do wonders to get you back on projects that have you stalled creatively. Your eyeball creature is quite creepy the more I look at it and yet so clever by design. Why can’t I stop staring at it? LOL! Happy PPF!

11. Elisa Choi

Very cute drawing.. it’s perfect for children’s books. I think you need to just rest and do something else till your passion for the painting on easel returns. 🙂

12. Mary Hysong

I’m having a lot of indecision too; I’m using acrylic on canvas and itching to get out the watercolors….then again I want to buy a set of those water mixable oils….Happy PPF, your little trick or treater is adorable.

13. Kerry

Wow, those eyes really pop! Perfect for autumn 🙂 I can relate about feeling guilty passing by the blank canvas! I recently took a book out from the library on new technique which has been really helpful!

14. Janet

That’s a cute little monster!

Thanks for your comments on my painting. Actually the forehead (beneath the “tattoo”) is a rosy pink but the photo didn’t show it correctly.

15. Kathryn Kelton

Its all about Halloween around here right now. My family has begun working on our Haunted Barn for charity, which we have been doing for quite a few yrs now. Your little monster is perfect! Kathryn