Word for 2012

In 2011, I decided that I needed to work more outside my  journal. I wanted to do some bigger projects and paint on canvas again. I want to continue that this year but there were times when I really missed my journal, so I’ve decided to start an art journal for 2012. I may not work in it as often as I used to, so that I can still work on other things, but it will be there when I need it.

I’ve been thinking about what word I want to focus on in 2012. I’ve finally decided on STRIVE. I thought about what I want to focus on this year in different areas of my life, what I want to accomplish, and how I can get there. Strive feels like the right word at this time. It seemed like the perfect theme for the first spread in my new journal. Mixed media in a Moleskine sketchbook. Have you found your word for 2012?

I only managed a couple of journal spreads this week so I’ll link this one to Paint Party Friday.

44 thoughts on “Word for 2012

1. Ginny

I love your journal page. The face is so strong. The word I chose for this year is trust. I am going to trust that things will turn out as they should and loosen up on wanting everything to be perfect.

2. veronica

I love your journal spread. Great color blending with greys. My word this year is allow. Especially the present moment. In the past my inclination has been more of resistance than of allowing. Thanks for sharing!

Awesome journal page! Perfect word for the year. I can’t seem to settle on one yet. But I am committing to more journal work. So fun! 🙂

4. Jess @ illustrateur

Such a great idea. I’m not sure what my word for this year would be, maybe ‘Beginnings’ but I’ll give it some thought. Love this journal spread, really lovely! Oh, and happy Paint Party Friday too!

5. Anonymous

What a great journal page. Love her face and the colors. Your word is great and it does seem you are striving for perfection. Great work!

6. pointypix

Strive is a great word and appropriate for an artist wanting to push herself further. I’ve never really kept a journal (other than the sketchbook project I did) but I think it is a great way of recording your thoughts quickly and spontaneously both written and drawn.

Your first pages are wonderful. I love this face and the wee mice are adorable!

7. Sheri Cook

I did a WORD this week too!!! I really like your choice in STRIVE. May all your efforts bear much fruit in your artistic endeavors.
    Happy PPF!
    Sheri Cook/HappyHorseStudio

8. anne

Wonderful job on your journal spread. I am so bad at working in my sketchbooks. I would love to have one as my trusty friend, but it just never happens that way. I guess I could make it a goal, but would I actually get around to doing it? I don’t know. I find art journals intimidating for some reason.

I don’t have a word for 2012, but I like hearing about other peoples’ words. Strive is a great one!

Happy PPF!

9. Debbie

I love this! The face is wonderful. Strive seems like a great word for the year. I still haven’t chosen one, but I’m leaning toward focus.

10. Tracey Fletcher King

Strive is a great word and your page is just beautiful…. mine is embrace and so far I am hanging in there, embracing the chaos and madness that is my life at the moment…. putting strive on my shortlist for next year!!!

11. EVA

A fabulous spread and most excellent word! STRIVE – great strength there.

Mine is CONNECT and so far I have done two pages with it in mind and feel like there are more that I could do plus I change my blog background (again) to fit with my new word.

12. Jen

Wonderful journal pages and what a great word to focus on this year. I chose “cherish” this year and just wrote about it too. 🙂